Pedernales Cellars is Texas’ leading producer of authentic, handcrafted wines, specializing in Spanish and Rhone style wines, including benchmark Tempranillos and Viogniers. Family-owned and operated, Pedernales Cellars is dedicated to world-class wines, sustainable practices and Texas Hill Country hospitality. The estate vineyard of Pedernales Cellars was planted in 1995 by Larry and Jeanine Kuhlken, and their children David and Julie, and son-in-law, Fredrik Osterberg, produced the winery’s first vintage in 2006.
Tempranillo is Pedernales Cellars’ flagship red varietal, and we are pleased to offer the George Bush Tempranillo Reserve 2012 as a unique special vintage to commemorate the 25th anniversary of George Bush’s inauguration as the 41st President of the United States. We are honored to work with the former President and his Library Foundation, which benefits students at the Texas A&M Bush School. The wine is a unique selection from our premier Texas Tempranillo plantings. The nose includes notes of cherry, blackberry, and almond along with hints of dark chocolate. The finish is rich and balanced. The wine is available in the Pedernales Cellars tasting room in Stonewall and on its online store and retails for $49.99.
Recent Awards and Accolades
• Grand Gold – 2012 Viognier Reserve at the 2013 Lyon France International Wine Competition
• Gold – 2012 Viognier and 2010 High Plains Tempranillo at the 2013 Dallas Morning News and TEXSOM Wine Competition
• Gold – 2011 Tempranillo Reserve at the 2013 San Francisco International Wine Competition
• Double Gold – 2010 High Plains Tempranillo and 2010 Tempranillo Reserve and Gold – 2011 GSM at the 2013 Lone Star International Competition
• Double Gold, Top Texas Wine, Class Champion and Texas Class Champion – 2012 Texas Viognier at the 2013 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition
• Gold – 2010 Texas Tempranillo at the 2013 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo International Wine Competition
2916 Upper Albert Road
Stonewall, Texas 78671
Fredrik Osterberg, Co-Owner & President
Dr. Julie Kuhlken, Co-Owner & Design and Communications Director